Bowl of rice topped with ingredients over which green tea (o-cha) has been poured. Depending on the ingredients, there are many varieties:
- Sake chazuke, with salted salmon
- Tai chazuke, with sea bream
- Nori chazuke, with dried seaweed
- Umeboshi chazuke, with a pickled plum
- Maguro chazuke, with tuna
- Mentaiko chazuke, with spicy pollock roe.
Light dish eaten after drinking or as late night supper. Also popular in izakaya.
[Chazuke with umeboshi and shredded shiso leaves. Photo Ad Blankestijn]